I predict there will never be a game.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Etidorhpa

I predict there will never be a game.

Post by Etidorhpa » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Watching the video on the 206 update makes me believe this. At the end of the video he says he'll be working on a single player campaign. So after 5yrs he just says he's just beginning to work on single player campaign! That's ridiculous. He needs to hire people to finish this game or to make this an online mulch-player game only. :evil:

Endoperez

Re: I predict there will never be a game.

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:03 am

Etidorhpa wrote:Watching the video on the 206 update makes me believe this. At the end of the video he says he'll be working on a single player campaign. So after 5yrs he just says he's just beginning to work on single player campaign! That's ridiculous. He needs to hire people to finish this game or to make this an online mulch-player game only. :evil:
Are you sure he said he's only starting to work on it right now? Maybe it has been worked on earlier too.

... And you think making a working single-player game into a mp game is faster than making new levels/content? It's not...

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:09 am

There's a difference between making a game and making a single player campaign.

Also, isn't saying he's working on a single player campaign good? I was very happy to hear that news. Just because Wolfire can't spit out a game every year like the huge gaming companies, doesn't mean they aren't working hard to give us a fun experience. Shut up. Be patient. And Overgrowth will become something very enjoyable, if you can wait for it.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Whole game + Engine made from scratch only 2 guys, 1 does the coding and another does the art... do the math, also yeah David works all the time.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Another brilliant thread, probably by someone who has come here from Steam. You guys really fill my heart with hope. Such a fresh new breeze coming through here. It carries with it the fragrance of innocence, illusion, idiocy, ignorance and entitlement (Damn! Couldn't think of a synonym with I).
Really refreshing?

Totally different point: are you taking bets?
I'm calling anything you offer.

Dammasta

Post by Dammasta » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:31 pm

EPR89 wrote:Another brilliant thread, probably by someone who has come here from Steam. You guys really fill my heart with hope. Such a fresh new breeze coming through here. It carries with it the fragrance of innocence, illusion, idiocy, ignorance and entitlement (Damn! Couldn't think of a synonym with I).
Really refreshing?

How about Incompetency?

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:33 pm

EPR89 wrote:Another brilliant thread, probably by someone who has come here from Steam. You guys really fill my heart with hope. Such a fresh new breeze coming through here. It carries with it the fragrance of innocence, illusion, idiocy, ignorance and entitlement .
sorry but it's true.
Last edited by akazi on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShnitzelKiller

Post by ShnitzelKiller » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:36 pm

I do have a certain fear that the campain + story itself will be rushed or lackluster. I mean, look at Lugaru. Aubrey is definitely a genius when it comes to the technical side, and obviously wants a very solid foundation before adding in game content, to the point where the OG editor will be equipped with mesh tools rivaling commercial 3D toolsets.
I think the best course of action would be to get at least one person who specializes in writing or level design up to speed with this amazing toolset in order to make a great game. That step cannot be understated, especially this late in development.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:15 pm

EPR89 wrote:Another brilliant thread, probably by someone who has come here from Steam. You guys really fill my heart with hope. Such a fresh new breeze coming through here. It carries with it the fragrance of innocence, illusion, idiocy, ignorance and entitlement (Damn! Couldn't think of a synonym with I).
Really refreshing?

This guy gets it.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:26 am

ShnitzelKiller wrote:I do have a certain fear that the campain + story itself will be rushed or lackluster. I mean, look at Lugaru. Aubrey is definitely a genius when it comes to the technical side, and obviously wants a very solid foundation before adding in game content, to the point where the OG editor will be equipped with mesh tools rivaling commercial 3D toolsets.
I think the best course of action would be to get at least one person who specializes in writing or level design up to speed with this amazing toolset in order to make a great game. That step cannot be understated, especially this late in development.
David is the coder and the guy who did Lugaru, Aubrey is the artist. Besides that tiny nitpick, I am worried about the same things you are.

Etidorhpa

Post by Etidorhpa » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:14 am

Thanks for softening my heart . I will relearn patience.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Going to have to agree.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:16 pm

Even if this game doesn't get published, I personally think that the development in itself is an achievement. David's procedural based animations and development has honestly blown my fucking mind. Giving the community this engine, completely open to modifications and whatnot.... it's goddamn beautiful. Even if there is no complete campaign I am honestly glad I have been along for the ride this whole time, and now have such a fun tool to play around with. Even though it's not finished, our community has made so much content to share. This is what a gaming development community is all about.

Thank you Wolfire.

Dammasta

Post by Dammasta » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:11 pm

underthedeep wrote:Even if this game doesn't get published, I personally think that the development in itself is an achievement. David's procedural based animations and development has honestly blown my fucking mind. Giving the community this engine, completely open to modifications and whatnot.... it's goddamn beautiful. Even if there is no complete campaign I am honestly glad I have been along for the ride this whole time, and now have such a fun tool to play around with. Even though it's not finished, our community has made so much content to share. This is what a gaming development community is all about.

Thank you Wolfire.
*applause*

ChanDaCMan

Post by ChanDaCMan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:18 pm

There's not going to be a multiplayer. He's doing the coding (hardest part) all by himself. There already is a game, and if David decides he can't do it, then I am 100% sure someone else will pick it up and finish it. Fuck you. Have a nice day.