The immortal Turner???

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

The immortal Turner???

Post by cachiporrin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi guys. Last week a weird thought came to my mind when I was taking a look at overgrowth´s concept art. I saw the turner picture and it looks awesome but then I remembered that Overgrowth will take place many years after Lugaru, so my doubt is the following:
-Will Overgrowth´s Turner be the same of Lugaru (Immortal)?
Or
-Will Overgrowth´s Turner be a Lugaru´s Turner descendant? (great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson or something like that)

Zaphon

Re: The immortal Turner???

Post by Zaphon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:01 pm

"Many years" does not necessarily mean that centuries has passed. d:
It's more likely a couple of years. So Turner is not immortal.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:07 pm

hmmm...I think you´re right, the new turner looks totally different, though. Maybe Aubrey wanted to give him a new cool look.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:56 pm

cachiporrin wrote:hmmm...I think you´re right, the new turner looks totally different, though. Maybe Aubrey wanted to give him a new cool look.
This model was created by Ian Wells before the project was even officially called Overgrowth, almost 2 years ago now.
Since then I've been told Aubrey has redesigned turner a good bit.
We don't yet know what the new turner looks like right now, though Aubrey's concept art does give a bit of an indication, but that's still no actual 3D model.

I do agree though, in the blog the devs are consistent in calling the main character and model 'Turner'. Of-course their plans might change, but I do think it would make sense if Overgrowth happens no more than a decade after Lugaru.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:16 am

jo-shadow wrote:
cachiporrin wrote:hmmm...I think you´re right, the new turner looks totally different, though. Maybe Aubrey wanted to give him a new cool look.
This model was created by Ian Wells before the project was even officially called Overgrowth, almost 2 years ago now.
Since then I've been told Aubrey has redesigned turner a good bit.
We don't yet know what the new turner looks like right now, though Aubrey's concept art does give a bit of an indication, but that's still no actual 3D model.

I do agree though, in the blog the devs are consistent in calling the main character and model 'Turner'. Of-course their plans might change, but I do think it would make sense if Overgrowth happens no more than a decade after Lugaru.
Hey, thanks for the information!! :D
But....where is Ian Wells now?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:54 am

cachiporrin wrote: Hey, thanks for the information!! :D
But....where is Ian Wells now?
Hmm, I think he went off to do his own thing.
At least he's not part of the core team as of right now.

idbeu

Post by idbeu » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Man. That brings back memories. In 2006, I was three cities back, one degree back (almost two!), and possibly driving a moving truck through downtown Manhattan. Holy crap that was a long time ago.

It's amazing how long I've been following "Luguru 2".

Looks like the team has overhauled the engine since then. And Aubrey was a good choice.

EDIT: Woah! We had water back then! I totally forgot about that!

pwnasaurus

Post by pwnasaurus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:58 pm

i dont think he's immortal, seeing as he dies in a couple of hits from a rabbit with a stick

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:05 pm

that'd be invincible if he didn't, invincible means you can't get hurt, immortal means you live forever, barring things like accidents and getting killed.