Kalexon's Fiction Repository

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Kalexon
Kalexon

Kalexon's Fiction Repository

Post by Kalexon » Thu May 07, 2009 12:43 am

Yeah, Hi. No I'm not new, I've lurked around here for a long time, I just haven't stuck my face in the spotlight in a while.

So as the name implies this is a repository for fiction. More specifically, fan fiction. I'm going to be doing an ongoing story set on the island Lugaru (hopefully) as well as some stand alone side projects.

Now that I have that explained I'm going to answer some questions you may be asking. First off: "Why the hell is this in the Pre-Order Super-Secret Batcave?!"

Answer: I don't have to answer that. Okay, okay. I wanted this here in case I use certain elements in the stories that are released to pre-orderers only. Just being overly-cautious here folks. If it turns out I don't use them secrets, and this is wildly successful I'll copy paste to a public section of the forums to be assaulted by even more critics.

Second: "I've skipped all this banter to the bottom of the post and there's no story or even a prelude. What the HELL!?!"

I don't have it written up yet. Then why post this? Because I'm hoping the expectation will motivate my ass. Therefore I promise that I'll have something up within four or five days. Which I know means nothing to you because your just wondering "What is this jerk-off even doing?"

In closing.. I don't know. 'Night
Last edited by Kalexon on Sat May 09, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turbochop

Re: Kalexon's Fiction Repository

Post by turbochop » Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 am

Who was that guy?

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Thu May 07, 2009 1:56 am

hmm, I wait expectantly

idbeu

Post by idbeu » Thu May 07, 2009 5:59 am

As you already probably know, the criteria for writing fan fiction in this forum is to just do it. Don't try to make it good.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu May 07, 2009 9:08 am

(Pleaseletitbegoodpleaseletitbegoodpleaseletitbegoodplea-)

-Uh... Good luck!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 07, 2009 9:17 am

turbochop wrote:Who was that guy?
Not sure. I think he said something about rectal suppositories.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu May 07, 2009 11:55 pm

Kalexon!

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri May 08, 2009 12:04 am

Sup Kalexon

Kestril

Post by Kestril » Sun May 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Kalexon,
GO FOR IT DUDE!
You can't write well if you don't start. I can't vouch for everyone, but I can tell you what helps ME when I write.

(a) Don't critique yourself upon first draft. It's a first draft. There is going to be room for improvement no matter what you do.

(b) Listen to music or something. I find calming myself down just helps words form out of the keyboard. If there not the right ones, that's what the delete button is for.

(c) Write something short and totally unrelated to a lengthy project. Basically, a warm up.
For example, before diving into my Fanfic, I wrote this:
“You know what’s hard to believe” The static crackled over the radio, making the voice vague, “ God.”

The hiss of the Phantom’s engine filled the silence between the wingman’s soft reply, “ Depends on the way you look at it; just look at that sunset.”

“The sunset bleeds red with the blood of people we bombed today.” The leader spat, “ Mankind can end lives with the squeeze of a trigger, kill thousands with a press of a button, and blow an entire content of the face of the earth by broadcasting a signal. We’re too powerful for our own means.”

“Sunset ‘s still beautiful.” The wingman quietly replied, “ was back then too. Always will be.”

“Maybe.”
So what it's heavy-handed and about fighter pilots when I'm going to write about lighthearted ninja-bunnies? It helps me get started.
(d) Don't compare yourself to unreasonable standards, and don't mind the chatty spam on this forum.

I look forward to seeing some work from you, and I would be really impressed if you could get something coherent up in five days when it takes me a few weeks.
Best of luck,
Kestril

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Mon May 11, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks.

Unfortunately some family drama came up so right now I have nothing to show. So I guess the deadline has become "when it's done." Oh god this is Duke Nukem Forever all over again!

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Mon May 11, 2009 8:02 pm

So, we'll expect it in a few decades then?

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue May 12, 2009 1:12 am

Sandurz wrote:So, we'll expect it in a few decades then?
Come now, brothers, let us have hope for the future. Turn not to the shadows, from whence we came, but instead cast your gaze on this place of light, and relish, for all is good. :P

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Thu May 14, 2009 2:23 am

Untadaike wrote:
Sandurz wrote:So, we'll expect it in a few decades then?
Come now, brothers, let us have hope for the future. Turn not to the shadows, from whence we came, but instead cast your gaze on this place of light, and relish, for all is good. :P
Who was THAT guy? Is he related to Kalexon??? :?

(Oh, and welcome to the SPF!)

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 am

Ha ha! I am called, and I smocked at thee, the noob, for thickness does not rain well upon our shelter that we call his. Lol. I thank thee for the fine welcome. Bless yee, o yee, who has only be cursed upon in the past. I hope this cambiance of fortune brings yee good faith in the true darkness!

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 am

The middle ages called, they want their dialect back.