Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
EPR89

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by EPR89 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Meat_Grinder wrote:Tabbing into slo-mo at the end of the tumble, freezes the visual. Redactor works, but game has to be restarted.
Windows 8.1, no dump file for obvious reasons.
Either you are talking some high level computer lingo that I know nothing about, or you are not a native English speaker and tried to translate some terms and I can't think what they could be, or my brain is not working right now in general, but I don't really understand what you mean when you say tumble and redactor here.
I'll just say this: double tapping tabulator freezes the simulation. This is not a bug, but a feature. Very useful if you want to edit a level without NPCs running around. Double tap it again to unfreeze it.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Meat_Grinder wrote:Tabbing into slo-mo at the end of the tumble, freezes the visual. Redactor works, but game has to be restarted.
Windows 8.1, no dump file for obvious reasons.
Double-tapping TAB will freeze the game; you can double tap again to unfreeze.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:34 pm

I've had this problem since this alpha was released but I didn't really know how to describe it, (and for some reason screenshots do not work for me so I cannot show you) but when I get to about 50+ rank enemies in the arena, their clothing becomes very vibrant, and certain parts of their body become the same color as their clothes. It happens to my rabbit as well. For instance, on a level 62 battle, I had a red bunny, with red fingers, red ears, a red mouth, and red toes. The color changes with the bunny. It seems that I am the only one with this problem… It doesn't effect gameplay at all, it just looks weird :?

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:22 pm

Dammasta wrote:I've had this problem since this alpha was released but I didn't really know how to describe it, (and for some reason screenshots do not work for me so I cannot show you) but when I get to about 50+ rank enemies in the arena, their clothing becomes very vibrant, and certain parts of their body become the same color as their clothes. It happens to my rabbit as well. For instance, on a level 62 battle, I had a red bunny, with red fingers, red ears, a red mouth, and red toes. The color changes with the bunny. It seems that I am the only one with this problem… It doesn't effect gameplay at all, it just looks weird :?
Everybody has this issue. I think it happens when you cheat with lightning or pressing X, and your level gets raised immensely.

To fix, you delete something in your overgrowth file, but I forgot what. :(

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Wed May 07, 2014 11:00 am

I have now got screen shots of the issue:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 11.42.44 AM.png

PoetRabbit

Post by PoetRabbit » Sun May 11, 2014 6:03 pm

I've had the same thing above happen to me. I really don't mind it. I have issues seeing shades so the vibrant colors help alot for telling teams apart.

On my note however. I loaded a level and ended up with the sky not loading. The game flat out stated the dusk texture could not be loaded and it was defualting to something else. I'll try to keep my screen recording software running in between levels from now on so I can better show these things.

Report version: 2
MEM: Total memory: 7389 MB
MEM: Free memory: 5977 MB
CPU: Number of cores: 4
CPU: Mhz: 2495
CPU: Model: A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
CPU: Vendor: AMD
SYS: OS common name: Microsoft Windows 7

Vendor: ATI
GL_Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 8650G
GL_Version: 4.3.12618 Compatibility Profile Context 13.251.0.0
Driver version: unknown
VRAM query not supported.
GLSL_Version: 4.30
Shader Model: 2.0 or better

Maximum uniform vertex vec4s: 4096
Maximum uniform fragment vec4s: 4096
Maximum vertex attributes: 29
Maximum varying vec4s: 32
Maximum vertex texture samplers: 16
Maximum fragment texture samplers: 16

Benchmarks (higher is better)
Geometry VA: 79
Geometry VBO: 321
Simple fillrate: 61

I had a video of it but removed it to prevent bad press for the game. :D
Last edited by PoetRabbit on Tue May 13, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MidianGTX

Post by MidianGTX » Tue May 13, 2014 2:43 pm

I have a couple of questions:

Why does every map tell me the baked shadows, nav mesh, etc. need updating when I first enter the editor? I haven't changed or added anything yet, it should be up to date, right?

Secondly, I get between 30-80 FPS throughout the game, but if I try updating shadows it completes and then something screws up and the FPS counter reads 2-3, rendering the game unplayable. Is there anything I can do to avoid this?

I'm not sure this is really system related, but here are some of my specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bt
2x Intel Xeon 5160 @ 3.0Ghz
28 GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce GTS 450
Overgrowth Alpha 205

I know my card is getting old, but the rest of my hardware usually backs it up nicely.

mrepicman12345

Post by mrepicman12345 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 pm

I have found a bug, nothing to do with the gameplay, but with the resolutions. My standard resolution is 1280 by 1024 pixels. Yes my monitor is very small and my computer isn't that good, (I'll show you later in the hardware report.) Since alpha 205, Overgrowth has been acting strange in any other resolutions other then that. I'll show you now:
2014-06-08_00001.jpg
When on fullscreen it plays in that little corner like that. So if I want to play it in 800x600 I have to go on windowed. Here are my hardware specs (they aren't very good.):Report version: 2
MEM: Total memory: 2046 MB
MEM: Free memory: 1181 MB
CPU: Number of cores: 2
CPU: Mhz: 2133
CPU: Model: Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
CPU: Vendor: Intel
SYS: OS common name: Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2

Vendor: NVIDIA
GL_Renderer: GeForce 8500 GT/PCIe/SSE2
GL_Version: 3.3.0
Driver version: 31106
VRAM: 256 MB
GLSL_Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Shader Model: 4.0 or better
I hope you can fix this bug as it has been stressing me out a lot.

BunnyBot5000

Post by BunnyBot5000 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:47 am

The lighting changes in alpha 207 have totally broken it for my game. The colors are waaay over saturated and very blue / purple / red. Image

Hardware specs:
[+] Specs
MEM: Total memory: 4095 MB
MEM: Free memory: 1638 MB
CPU: Number of cores: 2
CPU: Mhz: 3200
CPU: Model: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz
SYS: OS common name: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1

GL_Renderer: GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2
GL_Version: 4.4.0
Driver version: 33788
VRAM: 768 MB
GLSL_Version: 4.40 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Maximum uniform vertex vec4s: 512
Maximum uniform fragment vec4s: 1024
Maximum vertex attributes: 16
Maximum varying vec4s: 31
Maximum vertex texture samplers: 32
Maximum fragment texture samplers: 32

Geometry VA: 27
Geometry VBO: 267
Simple fillrate: 88

Corpsey

Post by Corpsey » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 am

Finally got some time to sit down and look at this patch and I have come up with the following:

The most noticeable one for me is that every OBJECT seems to have a pink/red edge for the objects edges. It seems to be Color = Specular x Ambient (Red channel only). So, a dark shiny object produces a red edge, a light shiny object produces a pink edge. A non shiny objects produces no edge (I would also assume something completely white with no specular, but I don't have an object in the game that has both of those criteria to test).
[+] Image of said bug
The second issue is that the new Dynamic Character Cubemap option works, however it flickers constantly. (It looks so beautiful when it flickers on though... wish it worked). I can't really get an image of this, but I could take video if need be.
[+] HWREPORT
MEM: Total memory: 12279 MB
MEM: Free memory: 9027 MB
CPU: Number of cores: 8
CPU: Mhz: 3600
CPU: Model: Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
SYS: OS common name: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1

GL_Renderer: GeForce GTX 580/PCIe/SSE2
GL_Version: 4.3.0
Driver version: 32680
VRAM: 3072 MB
GLSL_Version: 4.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Geometry VA: 150
Geometry VBO: 539
Simple fillrate: 272

Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:45 pm

The over saturated colors seems to be quite the common issue, so much so that I created a new thread on the Steam forums.

Sully

Post by Sully » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:37 pm

So I've been dicking around in the editor for a couple of hours and have a pretty good thing going on Red Shards, so I save my work and try to render the prebaked shadows. I've a pretty decent computer, and haven't had any problems rendering anything in the past, but the console window that stays open behind Overgrowth says that even though the shadows are supposed to have finished cooking, I'm getting a runtime error (pic related). I've tried it three or four times and get the same result every time.

I've not tried render ambient occlusion because I don't feel like catching my house on fire.

MEM: Total memory: 16331 MB
MEM: Free memory: 11460 MB
CPU: Number of cores: 8
CPU: Mhz: 2395
CPU: Model: Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
SYS: OS common name: Microsoft Windows 7

GL_Renderer: GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2
GL_Version: 4.4.0
Driver version: 33523
VRAM: 2048 MB
GLSL_Version: 4.40 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Geometry VA: 110
Geometry VBO: 286
Simple fillrate: 69
Attachments
Exhibit A
Exhibit A

Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:22 pm

So I boot up a level and kill an enemy with a neck grab/slice. Whenever I restart the level by pressing "L" I try to stealth kill the same enemy. It either doesn't work or flings me and or the enemy away from each other. Is anyone else having the same problem or have a fix for it?

StoneTheRock

Post by StoneTheRock » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Whenever I try to launch Overgrowth, be it on Steam or SUMLauncher, I get a black screen, while the game doesn't close itself. The console opens properly and doesn't seem to show any irregularity. It basically says that the menu is loaded but the black screen obviously expresses something different. I cannot even see a cursor while ingame. I have not messed around with the scripts or anything and everything was working as it should just yesterday. I tried quitting the advance_testing branch and after that reinstalling the whole game. But it was completely futile. I don't know, maybe there's currently many more users getting that error. If this is so, please let me know. And if there is a fix, please tell me about it. Thanks.

Surak

Post by Surak » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:12 pm

StoneTheRock wrote:Whenever I try to launch Overgrowth, be it on Steam or SUMLauncher, I get a black screen, while the game doesn't close itself. The console opens properly and doesn't seem to show any irregularity. It basically says that the menu is loaded but the black screen obviously expresses something different. I cannot even see a cursor while ingame. I have not messed around with the scripts or anything and everything was working as it should just yesterday. I tried quitting the advance_testing branch and after that reinstalling the whole game. But it was completely futile. I don't know, maybe there's currently many more users getting that error. If this is so, please let me know. And if there is a fix, please tell me about it. Thanks.
Have you played with the debug settings? Try this: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30776