Phoenix Engine 9-30-05 More Weapons

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:43 pm

im a littel late for this, but greek fire/napulm are not beer
the are a flamable and if im not mistaken extremly explosive, "jelly" that makes a fire that cant be put out by water,

maltoves are such popular weapons because they are the worlds simplest bomb, because all you have to do is shove a fuse in a bottle of hard liquer and light it and it make a "flooph!" (the noise you get when you light gas only louder) noise on detonation

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:11 am

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:49 pm

Or just light the end of your staff and use it like a staff.
Ah, flaming melee weapons.

AngelixD

Post by AngelixD » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:00 pm

I'd just like to chime in about the use of a katana really quick. The katana was not a weapon designed for blocking. It's basically used as a really big razor. The idea is not to move your sword until you are able to strike a killing blow. If you look into the way a katana is contructed and maintained, you will see that an edge block will destroy the usability of a sword, while a side block will snap it in half. While an impressive weapon, the katana was pretty much useless after attack, until the swordsman had the opportunity to bring the blade back into a fighting stance.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:59 pm

On the topic of fire, maybe the enemies shouldn't be seemingly covered in gas anymore. Just a thought... xD

generalidea

Post by generalidea » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:22 pm

Hey all! (new me)

OKAY, ive been ditzing around with the demo of L1, and i have a feeling that the demo is quite limited complared to teh game correctt? good dilly, but i have a few thought tward tah sequel that may sound good to someone.

a strafe key: yes, a key, i dont suggest sompthing like godgames' "Rune" (allthough rune kicked ass) where you had a strafing 3rd person wsad setup, but a strafe key that you could set, say shift (on pc if you use ctrl to crouch) i think it could be benificial for all sorts of projectiles!

teh bow (or a tehspear or tehknieevs): GOING ALONG with the straffe' key, a bow, and i like what i hear about the hold down and click thing i sppose, but i think that would make the game a bit 'snipey' which i guess isnt that bad, but what about this; in some games, typically the ones with an arcade-ish feel, the bow weapon is allready notched and drawn back so the player just needs to click and an arrow is loosed, Doesent mean a power system doesent have to exist, for (another) example the draw back animation could go along with the damage, say the weapon takes 5 secconds to draw back to its max potential damage, but say i should click after 3 secconds and only do what.. 60 % of the damage possible? you could have a draw back gauge, but i think it would be cool-er this way opposed to having to hold down the shot, and this sounded cool in my mind, click shooting, sure it wouldent be like a semi automatic bow, but like rapid shooting for small amounts of damage would be sweet :). (OMG OMG i soppose a game i could direct you towards for a good show of what i mean (minus the power gauge i thinik) would be "dynasty warriors #highest number applicable#" (sorry if i spelle wrong) )

Gracious decals!: i was playing challenge 1 on the demo, and i did a leg cannon ? into a guys stomache he flew back and i really really REALLY wanted the snow to show a nice skid decal trailing the guys path (which in this situation ended at a treetrunk... nice rumble effect o developer ^^)

Le Gore: III MYSELF am not a gore fan, but i really liked the idea of sensible dismemberment ( ?birdarche¿ hit to the arm = no arm O.o makes sence to me) and the ablility to lame someones arm (as i read from a previous poste') making it less usable if at all.

excuse me for my drolling post, but i liked typing it, i sppect ill have fun on teh forumz from hur on ouuut

(omg, i am so late with this post, i apologise)

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:46 am

they already have projectiles "tehknives". and Ihave a strong suspicion there will be bows.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:16 pm

You can run perpendicular to the camera, that's as close as you are going to get. And strafing as seen in most computer games is not particuarly realistic.
Bows will not be added to Lugaru 1.

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:01 pm

Bows will not be added to Lugaru 1.
Huh? Lugaru 1?

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:07 pm

Whoops, he was talking about L1 and I missed where he said he was giving ideas for the sequel :oops:
My point about strafing still stands though =p

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:50 pm

Phew, good. I was getting a little scared that Lugaru 2 won't have bows. :P I have been hoping that it will, ever since I first heard that it could. It will be very neat to have a weapon that lets you aim it for yourself. But I'm only guessing that it will let you. Although I do think it was good that the knife in Lugaru 1 was auto aiming.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:33 pm

Yeah, it would have been impossible without tehautoaim, as general idea would say.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:13 am

Ranged weapons is a must. Bows and spears.

Lula

Post by Lula » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:05 am

Cool. I like how some of them really look like they evolved from tools or farm implements or something, which makes sense. The katana looks cool, but I'm still scratching my head as to how anyone made a katana in this universe (David, cf. geeky discussion from a couple of weeks ago, which might explain that and stuff). Also, bows and spears and slings! They are the fundamental weapons.

Madfrenzy

Post by Madfrenzy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:46 pm

I think it would be nice to have a finisher for every weapon. As with spear, a same kind of impaling as Raziel does in Soul reaver