60%
No
10%
I don't care
30%

Total votes: 10

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:09 pm

dolson wrote:Just awaiting the key. And please, whoever handles it, remember that it's a Linux sale. ;)
That doesn't matter... I can confirm that my Windows key works fine in the Linux version.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:00 pm

dolson wrote: It seems it'd be more fair than Quake 3 and games like that too.
Are you referring to the Guy With Rocket Launcher And Red Armor vs Just Spawned Noob syndrome?

dolson

Post by dolson » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:24 am

Chameleon wrote:
dolson wrote:Just awaiting the key. And please, whoever handles it, remember that it's a Linux sale. ;)
That doesn't matter... I can confirm that my Windows key works fine in the Linux version.
I realize that, just want them to be aware that it wasn't purchased for the Windows release, that's all. :)

zip wrote:
dolson wrote: It seems it'd be more fair than Quake 3 and games like that too.
Are you referring to the Guy With Rocket Launcher And Red Armor vs Just Spawned Noob syndrome?
Exactly. I think that to some degree it can happen here too, but it just doesn't feel like it would be as frustrating for a newbie. Maybe I'm dead wrong though, heh.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:12 am

In Quake 3 a skilled player with a shotgun can easily kill a newbie wielding a rocket launcher, it's still a skill based game. I prefer the railgun myself.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:26 am

I have only played the demo, but railgun is my favorite too.

Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:46 pm

wow. You're discussing Quake 3 tactics on this forum. Discuss it in randomness, please.

Another question: will it run on zeta, AKA BeOS R6? It should be easy to port it. This game could turn into the biggest, best game for all OSes! :D :shock: :D

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:17 am

Madd the Sane wrote:wow. You're discussing Quake 3 tactics on this forum. Discuss it in randomness, please.

Another question: will it run on zeta, AKA BeOS R6? It should be easy to port it. This game could turn into the biggest, best game for all OSes! :D :shock: :D
BeOS rules! XD
and Lugaru 2 + Zeta would be awesome.

so, I ask the same question. will it?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:58 pm

I am pretty sure it would be hard to port it to BeOS...

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:01 pm

Jeff wrote:I am pretty sure it would be hard to port it to BeOS...
Why?
This game uses open sound and graphics libraries that I'm pretty sure are available on BeOS.
It probably wouldn't be any harder than porting to Windows and Linux.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:12 pm

If all of those APIs really exist in full for BeOS, then yeah, it should be doable. I have a feeling there will be many complications.

If you know a BeOS developer who is comfortable with FMOD, OpenGL, and Quicktime, and is willing to work for a percentage of the profits, then by all means, let us know.

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:49 pm

Jeff wrote:If all of those APIs really exist in full for BeOS, then yeah, it should be doable. I have a feeling there will be many complications.

If you know a BeOS developer who is comfortable with FMOD, OpenGL, and Quicktime, and is willing to work for a percentage of the profits, then by all means, let us know.
I'll check with Eugenia Loli-Queru... She'll probably know some ppl. I think she's on vacation to Greece through September though.

Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:36 am

Zeta does have built-in OpenGL, so you wouldn't have to add anything special there. :)
:idea: Perhaps we should make another topic for Zeta

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:38 pm

I say port it for R5 first, cause that means more compatibility. (if you're going to give it a shot, that is).
if it works on R5 (aka beos), it will probably work on R6 (aka zeta, the new beos) aswell.

(and the zeta makers, yT just showed us their evil side by threatening haiku, aka open beos.)

GrueMaster

Linux Beta going good here.

Post by GrueMaster » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:36 am

Both my son and I have been actively testing this on our machines (demo version due to temporary budget issues), and we're happy to report that it works great on his PIII 700 GeForce2MX system, and my P4 3.06 EE GeForce 5600XT systems without any problems (except for that pesky registration limitation). I did notice some ghosting of objects (in the first scene of the campaign, standing on the hill looking at the tower, the tower tends to fade in and out depending on distance). I didn't file any bugs, though as I need to update my nvidia driver (6629). Looks great otherwise.

I'll buy my son a license as soon as I can (I don't play games very often, but I do like to beta test).

He's 14, and starting to learn how to develop programs on his own. He's learned how to download and compile multiple different games and libraries on his own, and he's been developing a simple game in Blender. Maybe he can work for you guys in about 6 years (let him finish school and get into college first).

Tobin

zip
lugaruguru

Re: Linux Beta going good here.

Post by zip » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:19 pm

GrueMaster wrote: I did notice some ghosting of objects (in the first scene of the campaign, standing on the hill looking at the tower, the tower tends to fade in and out depending on distance)
All objects fade out at a certain distance, this is to keep FPS high.