Scenes from Lugaru 2 *ahem*

Anything else
Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:41 am

I just read Renegad_Turner's post. Quite a great parody.

Warning plot spolier: For those of you who don't know that is Donnie Darko; a great movie that everybody should watch

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:05 am

That last thingie he says is great in that pulp fiction clip is great. I always loved that quote.
Check out Infected Mushroom - Devil (Final Mix)! :D

Edit: Sorry, I meant Mystica - Ashes to Ashes

:oops:
Last edited by Nuky on Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:13 am

Does anyone know what the "How appropriate, you fight like a cow!" and the quarrelsome rhinoceros were about?

Thanks, Bob, you got the main idea. I thought it should be blaringly obvious for anyone who's seen the movie.

David would probably know who the blonde man is, because I remember him mentioning he played the game. A lot of people should have played the game, because it's a classic.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:59 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:"How appropriate, you fight like a cow!"
You fight like a dairy farmer!

It's from Monkey Island

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:54 pm

You bet it is. :D

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:47 pm

You can even use the "Frank" texture that already exists for Lugaru 1. I don't remember the file name, but it exists.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:22 pm

"Cellardoor" is the console command. That's what reminded me to use the film as parody material.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:47 pm

Man I can't believe I've never watched Donnie Darko before!
Oh well, with the reviews it's getting I think I'm going to just go out and rent it.

Same with Monkey Island I've never played those games either (played Full Throttle though, don't really know why I'd mention that). That one seems a bit harder to get though, it doesn't seem that Gamestop still sells it in stores. :(

Oh yeah, any one know why hdlsa and Zip are now moderators for everything? What happned to Nayr?

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:53 pm

He's out, we're in.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:31 pm

hdlsa wrote:He's out, we're in.
Makes sense...

Warning, Spoiler
Yes! I just rented and watched Donnie Darko a few times (apparently Hollywood Video only carries the Director's Cut edition now), I can now relate to Renegade's story. Hey that movie was a lot better than I had figured. I think it had something to do with Donnie being able to send an axe through water and metal to create his time machine and then he's got that ability of foresight and being able wake up at seemingly arbitrary places around the city... but then... He just wakes up from the sound of the plane engine only to get smushed by one in real life. That's a pretty dark ending

Man, if Turner ever gets the ability to hold a hatchet or something, he should like totally hold it like Donnie Darko when he's walking. That'd be badass.

This is probably alot different than what Renegade was going for (I don't know how many movies have this line, probably a bunch), but "I'm glad you were able to attend your family reunion!" Was a pretty funny line I remember from Mr and Mrs Smith. Probably wasn't relevent to the rhino and the blond man so... looks like I still have to figure that one out.

Edit:err ya, I forgot people haven't seen it yet! :P My bad!
Edit 2: Ha ha ha, the blond man IS Monkey Island. Ok, nevermind then!
Edit 3: My bad again. Hey, if it says spoiler then... nevermind that was my fault again.
Last edited by Zantalos on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:55 am

Hey, you might not want to spoil the end of Donnie Darko for those who haven't seen it!

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:09 am

That was so not cool, Zantalos ... I saw about a fifth of it with my cousin, but the DVD or the DVD player (one or the other) was really skippy, and it was such a good movie we couldn't bear watching it because it skipped around so much :?

And now I know that he gets killed :(

Edit: wait, I missed your edit ... he doesn't get killed? I'm confused now :P

Ah well I guess I'll still see it anyway :D

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:28 am

Oh crap you read it? Umm, ok that edit didn't work I'll just shrink this up to be unreadable then. Sorry about that people.

Man, I don't even know if this is going to spoil more for you, but let me try to make it spoil less. I don't know exactly what happens as that movie is kinda trippy, that was my interpretation. Hope that doesn't spoil the movie any more for you, you really need to watch it.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:22 pm

Zantalos wrote: I think it had something to do with Donnie being able to send an axe through water and metal to create his time machine and then he's got that ability of foresight and being able wake up at seemingly arbitrary places around the city.
Hey...uhh...what are you on about? That makes no sense with what I saw in Donnie Darko the numerous times I watched it.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:48 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Zantalos wrote: I think it had something to do with Donnie being able to send an axe through water and metal to create his time machine and then he's got that ability of foresight and being able wake up at seemingly arbitrary places around the city.
Hey...uhh...what are you on about? That makes no sense with what I saw in Donnie Darko the numerous times I watched it.
Yeah um.. WTH zantalos? Are we talking about the same Donnie Darko? :p