Unofficial, alpha 47 weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Unofficial, alpha 47 weekly build

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:58 am

The unofficial, alpha 47 leaked build is here!

A "leaked build" is when John and I literally grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David and Aubrey but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly! Please report bugs in our Trac system!

*NOTE* Please remember that these are unofficial alphas and they do not represent a finished product. They are not even polished builds, just straight up raw development dumps not intended for public consumption.

New in this version: (see blog)

To download the alpha, use one of these two links:

Win: http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/ insert your SPF key here /a47-win.zip
Mac: http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/ insert your SPF key here /a47-mac.zip

If you have forgotten your SPF key, you can retrieve it at your SPF page.

Subscribe to the dev blog!

Note! No PPC, 10.4 Tiger, or Linux support at the moment -- we are waiting on Awesomium for these. AJS says that Linux support is on the horizon, but we cannot make any concrete estimates for it.

Nigmos

Re: Unofficial, alpha 47 weekly build

Post by Nigmos » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 am

Big thanks for making this game, it's going to be sooo awesome.
Well, technically it IS awesome, but you know what I mean.

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:34 am

No blog post?

Also, I can't link nodes, I know its option alt, and it shows a cursor with a '-', but it doesn't do anything.

kakashi1000

Post by kakashi1000 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:54 pm

tomascokis wrote:Also, I can't link nodes, I know its option alt, and it shows a cursor with a '-', but it doesn't do anything.
I can't either. I can create rigging points with Ctrl+click but I cannot join them.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:04 pm

tomascokis wrote:No blog post?
The blog post is going up today :)

tomascokis

Post by tomascokis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:59 pm

So to confirm John, the joining is currently broken? (possibly just @ mac),

There's not some kind of secret handshake we need to access it?

Also, does something cap hour blog posts at 1 per day?

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:05 pm

It looks like it is a mac problem, I'll see if I can figure it out. For some reason the Mac version is interpreting the option-click as right-click or something, when the command is for option + left-click.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:31 pm

tomascokis wrote:Also, does something cap hour blog posts at 1 per day?
I wanted to leave the post about Edmund up longer. Sorry about the post delay!

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 am

David wrote:It looks like it is a mac problem, I'll see if I can figure it out. For some reason the Mac version is interpreting the option-click as right-click or something, when the command is for option + left-click.
I haven't used Macs, but wasn't option-click used instead of right-click when Apple still used one-button mice?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:55 am

Endoperez wrote:
David wrote:It looks like it is a mac problem, I'll see if I can figure it out. For some reason the Mac version is interpreting the option-click as right-click or something, when the command is for option + left-click.
I haven't used Macs, but wasn't option-click used instead of right-click when Apple still used one-button mice?
Nope, that's control+click, though some games like to use command+click as the alternative to when right click is normally used (blizzard games for example)

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:19 pm

It would be cool if we could get updated controls for the rigging editor and stuff. It would also be awesome if you could tell us a little about how to use the localization system, if it's even useable yet.

Thanks

idbeu

Post by idbeu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:49 pm

I second that. It'd be really helpful to get a list of editor features that are currently in the game. I don't download every Alpha, so when I finally have time to download the newest version, I have no idea how to do stuff.

For example, there's a web browser in-engine now, right? How the heck do you get it?

sixcorners

Post by sixcorners » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Instead of these crazy link-like things, why not include actual links on the spf pages? Or set it up so that you only have to paste the key at the end of the link? http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/a47-ma ... ample.com/???/??? instead of http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/sixcor ... 47-mac.zip, so that we don't have to highlight in the middle of think link-like thing and stuff.
Also, it doesn't seem like this would prevent something like a download manager that does some special stuff with links that allows other people to see them (there are some).

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 pm

We used to have direct links, but someone leaked it out and we racked up a massive bandwidth bill as hordes of people pirated the OG alpha.

Is it really easier to put the spf key at the end? It seems like a very small problem, but I can change it if you guys want. :)

sixcorners

Post by sixcorners » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:55 pm

That was kind of an afterthought.. My initial reason for posting that was because it wouldn't prevent download managers from reporting stuff about the download. I listen to a podcast where someone had exactly that problem... Either way, when is that updater going to be ready? :)