Additions to Lugaru 2: Blocking/Shields

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:38 pm

Yeah i guess, It would really change the reflexes you would need to master to become a good fighter.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:35 pm

NovaNoah wrote:What if you could sheath you're shield (F) and if unsheathed you could pick/drop it (R) if unsheathed you can block fists, swords, knives, but not staves.
You could also do it Zelda style - when you sheath your weapon, you also sheath your shield, and when you press defend you quickly pull it out again. If there is a defend button, of course.

That would make it simple and effective, IMHO.

And personally, I don't really like the thought of auto-blocking. Yes, it works, I know. I've played Enclave too. But I (and this is just my opinion) think it's too much of a deviation from the style of L1. Remembering you always had to press Shift to block and reverse incoming attacks in L1, I don't see why it would be any worse to have to click the right-mouse button (wait, do Macs have three-button mouses yet?) to block in L2. And being able to use physics - as in my example above - to disarm/disable your opponent would make it more difficult to pull off, and you would only be able to do it if your opponent does certain moves (just like in real life! ZOMG!), but it would ultimately feel so much more satisfying.

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:35 pm

yeah the only problem as we said before is that it would make it so you would have to learn all the new reflexes. eg. you have sheathed you're shield and the enemy is running at you with a sword, but instead of blocking it with the shield, you accidentally unsheath you're knife with "e" not unsheath you're shield with "f"

i don't much like the auto block thing either.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:50 am

Yeah I wouldn't like a God of War/Mark of Kri kind of block, where you just hold down a button and become invincible to all attacks. I just want an easier reversal thing. Because reversing a knife is really hard to do without tanking damage, so maybe if you reverse a little early or late it just becomes a sloppy block. Instead of disarming your opponent and getting slashed across the chest, you just hit is knife hand out of the way.

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:56 am

Zantalos wrote:Yeah I wouldn't like a God of War/Mark of Kri kind of block, where you just hold down a button and become invincible to all attacks. I just want an easier reversal thing. Because reversing a knife is really hard to do without tanking damage, so maybe if you reverse a little early or late it just becomes a sloppy block. Instead of disarming your opponent and getting slashed across the chest, you just hit is knife hand out of the way.
I Disagree, the owner of a weapon in lugaru changes too constant and makes it very hard to keep track of where the weapon is, i think the reversals should be harder and more risky therefore also making you take in more damage when reversing.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:35 am

Today I discovered how easy it it is to disarm some one with a knife if your life depends on it...

My hands on the other hand are a little sliced up... just a little...
and I don't joke either... I know some one who is not getting on the piss again :evil:

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:16 am

Colicedus wrote:My hands on the other hand are a little sliced up... just a little...
and I don't joke either... I know some one who is not getting on the piss again :evil:
Sorry, i don't understand.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:44 am

three times I had to snatch a knife out of some ones hands.
Had to get stitches today because of that... All because some one could not handle there ale :roll:

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:17 pm

Okay...

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:41 pm

In other words I walked out of a Knife fight... and I am telling you its not that hard to take a knife out of some ones hands if your life depends on it...

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:50 pm

You really did?, i wanna see you're hand!
JK

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:33 pm

If i did not lone out my Digital camera, I would...

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Colicedus wrote:In other words I walked out of a Knife fight... and I am telling you its not that hard to take a knife out of some ones hands if your life depends on it...
Especially if your attacker is blind drunk :)

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:24 pm

true... but still, they were rather hard to estimate where they would strike, and they were rather quick. I night I wish to forget... Personally, I did not notice I was cut up that badly until I felt a sticky wet feeling on my hand and actually look a look at it... :?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:39 pm

NovaNoah wrote:
Zantalos wrote:Yeah I wouldn't like a God of War/Mark of Kri kind of block, where you just hold down a button and become invincible to all attacks. I just want an easier reversal thing. Because reversing a knife is really hard to do without tanking damage, so maybe if you reverse a little early or late it just becomes a sloppy block. Instead of disarming your opponent and getting slashed across the chest, you just hit is knife hand out of the way.
I Disagree, the owner of a weapon in lugaru changes too constant and makes it very hard to keep track of where the weapon is, i think the reversals should be harder and more risky therefore also making you take in more damage when reversing.
I don't know, I guess, I just think it would be dumb to have r and f as block buttons.