Multiplayer

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
George the Flea

Multiplayer

Post by George the Flea » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:14 am

Wow, this is quite the game.

I just have one question: can you play this game multiplayer? I had to open up the config file manually in order to change the controls (there was some weird bug trying to change them in game; wouldn't recognize anything but the mouse, and then said "unknown"), and there was a chat keyboard control in it.

If there's multiplayer in this game's future, that would be beyond cool.

My PC using friend says that you need to port this game ASAP, as well. I agree with him, since I want to be able to use my computer sometimes. :D

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:30 am

You cannot play multiplayer in Lugaru, but it is possible that I will port it to PC at some point.

George the Flea

Post by George the Flea » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:15 am

While I am sad about the multiplayer, that is very good news about the PC version.

rkn

Post by rkn » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:21 pm

Holy cow. Lugaru Multiplayer will be so ill.

When you say Multiplayer, I assume Direct IP Connect? I would imagine that's easier than LAN.

Also- would Lugaru Multiplayer be like Co-Playing the levels (kinda like Halo XBox)?

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:43 pm

It would not be easier than LAN, mainly because the lag would make it unplayable. You would need ISDN to have a remotely enjoyable experience.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:51 pm

Is anyone planning to make a Multi-player mode? If not I have a few friends who would be happy to help with the project.(With of course...David's approval.) So...I could always help.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:54 pm

Its not feasable to do anything but LAN or split screen.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:59 pm

Doesn't matter, I still have three or four people I know who want to make an online RPG. I'll see if they want to help.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:42 pm

Yes, multiplayer (lan at least) would be awesome. Would be cool to do cooperative and deathmatch/team deathmatch. This game and engine has great potential.

--
The goal of science is to build better mousetraps. The goal of nature is to build better mice.

Hangnail

Post by Hangnail » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:44 pm

Just registered. Awesome game. I add to the request for multi-player. I would pay twice the asking price for that! ;)

--
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse time.
- Merrick Furst

Mauti

MP Would kick ass

Post by Mauti » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:21 am

Just downloaded the demo and it's great!!! So fun. Man make this game mp and playable via GameRanger. This would blow away everything. Imagine clan Rabbit vs clan Sheep 4vs4 yeah this would kick so damn ass.

Really think about it, this game has a lot more potential!

Bye,

Mauti

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:50 pm

Ack.
I want you to consider some things, in order to effectivly fight in Lugaru you have to have instant response from the game when you want to do something, this is fine when you are in single player.
Now imagine multiplayer, where there is a delay when you want to crouch, move in a direction, or attack.
Online play is almost impossible for fighting games like Lugaru, LAN is doable though.

redboot

Post by redboot » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:39 pm

Honestly, I think you should make LAN multiplayer a priority, and when its done, release it as a $10-15 upgrade for people who've already registered Lugaru.

Then bump up the new version of Lugaru's price to $30-35. I'd pay that for multiplayer melee.

redboot

Post by redboot » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:46 pm

Oh, and congratulations on your release by the way. I was concerned I didn't see any news on insidemacgames or macgamer, but it looks like macgamer has something up today.

Besides those sites, might I suggest you send a press release out to MacNN, MacObserver, Macintouch, MacAddict and MacSlash. Also, send an e-mail to kirk hiner at applelinks.com and request a review.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:01 pm

For the last time! If you want me to make a lan build of Lugaru I Can!